In a given geographic area, together with professionals from LADAPT, job seekers go door to door to companies to collect available job offers. Based on the principle of the spontaneous job application, this approach gives pride of place to a direct exchange. The job offers are then pooled among all the candidates at the end of the day.
But the adventure is not over, since the results are gathered together a week later by professionals from LADAPT. Each job offer is matched with the candidates' CVs. A month later, the companies are re-contacted to get an update on recruitments.
This action helps to:
- Prepare job-seekers for meetings with potential employers.
- Make people with disabilities active participants in the search for a job for themselves and others.
- Trigger direct encounters between job seekers and potential employers.
- Collect offers for internships, block-release programmes, jobs.
- Encourage people with disabilities to raise companies' awareness to the different types of disability, to the advantages they benefit from when they hire a disabled person, etc.
Candidates are found by the major partners partners, including Cap Emploi, Pôle Emploi, community aid projects, LADAPT volunteers, training centres, etc.