EDEW consolidates its European outlook
In 2016, LADAPT is cementing the construction of its European network. EDEW is expanding to Belgium, Italy and Spain. This outlook takes the form of privileged partnerships with European associations: the European Disability Forum (EDF), the European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) and also the French Council of Disabled People for European Affairs (CFHE). This year, actions will be organised in Belgium, and for the first time in Spain and Italy.
It is within the framework of the project DESC Disabilities Equality Security Careers (a European Erasmus + project) that LADAPT is coordinating the expansion of the European Disability Employment Week. LADAPT, EASPD, Fundación Emplea and Scuola Viva Onlus are the instigators of this programme.
DESC promotes equal opportunities in the labour market, its overarching goal being to secure professional career paths for young people with disabilities in Europe and to promote the supported employment. DESC’s first key task will be to create a guide of best practise in the field of employment of people with disabilities. In 2015 LADAPT and its three project partners collected the best practices and brought them together in a guide. These models were distributed in 2016 to social and employment services in Europe.
Une autre mission consiste à délivrer des formations à court terme destinées aux travailleurs sociaux, afin qu’ils soutiennent les démarches d’inclusion par le travail des jeunes en situation de handicap. On top of that, DESC Project partners (EASPD, Fundación Emplea and Scuola Viva) will be the first to organise actions and events in other European countries (Belgium, Spain and Italy) within the framework of the 2016 European Disability Employment Week to:
- Raise awareness among society
- Raise awareness among business and enterprises
- Facilitate the matching between candidates and employer
International conference on “Inclusive employment in France and Europe, promoting supported employment” on 10 November at the UNESCO House
At this conference, there will be a report on the work done in France and Europe in 2016, in the context of the European Semester on the theme of inclusive employment. There will also be an emphasis on promoting supported employment in France. Lastly, the training framework “Securing career paths and supported employment” will be presented to corporate professionals and the inclusion sector. This framework is proposed by the European partners of the DESC programme.
Access to the Conference is by invitation only. You can request one from Florence Delille, management assistant at LADAPT’s Development Division: email@example.com.
Working language: english, french, english and french velotyping, International sign interpretation
10h30 – 11h15 Welcoming Session
- Mme Sylvie Guillaume, Vice-President of the European Parliament (MEP)
- Mme Gunta Anca, Vice-President of the European Disability Forum (EDF) and member of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- M. Emmanuel Constans, President of LADAPT
11h15 – 12h15 Round table I : European Semester : Developing an inclusive labour market in France and in Europe.
- M. Éric Blanchet, General director of LADAPT
- Mme Bernadette Grosyeux, General director of social and medical establishment (MFPASS)
- Mme Muriel Vidalenc, General director of the FEGAPEI
- M. Guillaume Roty, European Commission representative (tbc)
- M. Albert Prévos, President of the CFHE
- Moderator : M. Luk Zelderloo, General Secretary of European Association of Service Providers for People with Disabilities (EASPD)
12h15 – 13h15 Lunch
13h30 – 14h30 Round table II : Supported employment in France : Where do we go now?
- Mme Mathilde Tabary, President of the Global Business and Disability Network (ILO)
- M. Jacques Ravaut, President of the french supported employment collective (CFEA)
- M. Guillaume Balas, Member of the European Parliament (MEP)
- Mme Marie-Lucie Calmettes, General director of the Malakoff Mederic Fundation
- Moderator : M. Henri Pierre Lagarrigue, LADAPT
Download the documents from the 2015 Conference “Implementing supported employment: what is France waiting for ?”